Loans to Foreign Nationals

It has long been difficult for foreign nationals to qualify for loans to purchase commercial or non-owner-occupied residential real estate in the U.S. In response
to this hardship, Montegra has created a simple program that can provide assistance to foreign borrowers that want to purchase real estate in Colorado when banks and other institutional lenders are unwilling to fund their loan request.

EB-5 Visa program: The U.S. Federal Government created what is known as the EB-5 visa program to encourage foreign investment in the U.S. Briefly, this program allows foreign nationals to obtain a “Green Card” (i.e., become permanent residents) in exchange for bringing business opportunities into the country and creating jobs through the purchase and development of U.S. real estate. This rapidly expanding program has increased the incentives of investing in and developing commercial real estate for foreign nationals.

Problems faced by foreign nationals:  Banks and institutional lenders require proof of income.  This normally takes the form of copies of tax returns, bank statements, and other information that is not applicable to loans for foreign borrowers.  Many foreign nationals realize that investing in U.S. real estate offers them both security and stability, which they may not be able to find in other areas of the world, but they often are frustrated by their inability to leverage their real estate purchases.  Montegra Capital’s simple and flexible lending process can resolve all these issues.  The following are all the things that we don’t require:

Sample Image
TRU Hard Money DOES NOT require that our Foreign Borrowers:
  • Be U.S. Citizens.
  • Have a Green Card allowing them permanent resident status.
  • Provide proof of income or submit U.S. tax returns.
TRU Hard Money is able to fund loans to foreign national borrowers on the following types of properties:

  • Single-family residential, condo, or duplex to four-plex properties as long as they are purchased for investment purposes (the property can not be owner occupied).
  • Commercial income properties (e.g., multifamily, office, industrial, retail, warehouse, or mixed use) or commercial land that is already zoned and entitled.

TRU Hard Money
 is a local, Chicago-based hard money broker/lender, our private real estate loans for foreign nationals only apply to properties that are located in the U.S.  Loan applications get an immediate response and can close expeditiously with no red tape.  To determine which loan type is right for your investment and to discuss how TRU Hard Money can assist you with your loan request today, contact us at (833) 382-3222.